Over the past 15 weeks, so many experiences:
- I have walked or run 430 miles.
- We have watched the sun rise over White Rock Lake and downtown Dallas.
- Inwood Village and Highland Park Village Starbucks have gotten to know us well as we head out on a Saturday or Sunday a bit sleepy at 5:30 a.m. to return in three or four hours ready for a bottle of water or hot coffee.
- We’ve walked through the Park Cities, down the Katy Trail, weaving our way to the AAC with a pit stop at the W, even to the Farmer’s Market and back.
- During the heat of the summer, we lapped NorthPark long before the stores opened.
Walking with me as a Tough Ta-Ta will be 10 amazing women, one of which is a breast cancer survivor:
- Leslie Needleman, friend and mother of three, was diagnosed in 2009 and had her last post-cancer treatment check-up this week.
- Susan McSherry is walking for her best friend who just two weeks ago had a full mastectomy after finishing her chemotherapy and radiation.
- Becca, Tara and Katie are walking for the second time.
- Rini, Jules, Carolina, Sonia, Michelle and I are newbies.
I am walking for you and those you love:
- Our mothers
- Our daughters
- Our granddaughters
- All the special women in our lives
I am walking for those who are fighting cancer now, in support of their fight, to find a cure.
Look for me this weekend! I’ll be the one in pink! Walking to make a difference in the lives of women.