We are always amazed at North Texas’ awesome talent pool of professional women we have yet to meet. Thankfully, we connected with several new women yesterday at our Meet Mom Corps Dallas Coffee for the Cure. We appreciate all those who attended and thank DUO – All Things Culinary for the fabulous venue and Wynnwood, for the wonderful beverages and food, that looked almost too good to eat.
Back to our post! So you have met a new friend, peer, potential employer at an event, now what?
Within the next 48 hours, and the sooner the better, keep the connection going:
- Email – A simple “great to meet you” email is a good start and will allow you to build a platform for taking this relationship further.
- LinkedIn – Invite them to connect with you
- Twitter – Tweet! Example: “Just met @InsideTheGem at Coffee for the Cure with @MomCorpsDallas and @juliedporter01 WOW…Amazing event and women!”
- Facebook – Like their business page
- Website – Check out their company website, subscribe to their newsletters or blog
- Handwritten thank you note – Goes a long way, almost a lost art
What are your suggestions for successful follow up after a networking event or meeting?